- Michael Bay can't resist cheesy moments. Several times I thought, "No, please don't use this cliché again,", but then he would. But I forgive him.
- The rumble in the forest is an awesome scene.
- Optimus Prime died in the original Transformers movie, and it was one of the least-expected and best cinematic decisions of all time (maybe I'm exaggerating). The best part about it was that they never brought him back. Take a hint, Michael Bay (or screenwriters).
- Megatron almost died in the original Transformers movie, and he came back as Galvetron. I liked that better.
- Can Hollywood let a main protagonist or antagonist stay dead? (And a side comment with a Shia LeBouf connection: please let the Indiana Jones series die where it is now.)
- One small detail that made Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen cross the line from disappointing to enjoyable: Peter Cullen. I disliked Megatron's voice, and I cringed every time Starscream spoke, but Optimus Prime made everything right again.
- I liked Jetfire a lot, despite the liberties the screenwriters took with his character.
- I did not like the Constructicons.
- Bumblebee is a little annoying.
- The final fighting scene between Optimus (we're on a first name basis) and Megatron reminded me of TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze. I think Optimus turned into Super Shredder for a few minutes.
- Megan Fox is hot, but that Decepticon chick may have been even hotter. Maybe.
- Come to think of it, I should have gone to whichever university Shia LeBouf goes to in that movie. For one, huge dowm rooms. Two, I own some tight shirts. And, three, the students there are insanely good-looking.
- John Tuturro is still awesome.
- I desperately wanted to hear the song "The Touch" during the movie.
- What, was Eric Idle busy during filming?
- Can we please have a Transformers 3, maybe with Unicron?
- Please don't put Christian Bale in it.
Transformers: still not as good as in 1986
I saw Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen last night, and I had a handful of thoughts about it. There are some spoilers in there, so beware. Here they are:
I think that's all I have for now. Maybe I'll think of some more things later, though.