2008-10-09

Tangling with the big dogs

I loved Morris Berman's book, Dark Ages America, and so I was highly tempted to post on his blog when I found it. I resisted for a while, but then the troll in me won over, and I got firsties on his most recent post.

I didn't get the warm reception I was hoping for.

I suppose I should have expected that from a bunch of guys who think the U.S. is a sinking ship, with the rich elitists at the helm. Not that it's not true (I'm not going one way or the other; there are certainly problems there) but I'm clearly not on the same page as them, or I didn't do a good job getting them on the same page as me. One or the other. The post was on the topic of Seinfeld, for God's sake. How far can you go wrong making political observations through sitcoms?

If you'd like to see how it went, how it's going, and how it goes (with your help?), click here.

No comments: