2008-07-24

When crime is noble

I just got done watching the second episode of Hustle, and I would like to reiterate (or just iterate, for those of you who haven't heard this before) that this show is one of the best. Ever. That I have seen.

I can't quickly summarize what it is that I like about this show, but it's like a TV version of Ocean's X, where X represents an integer between 11 and 13, inclusive. And it's well-made. That's as opposed to the not-well-made series like... well, most of them. Even though I remember really liking Hustle when I saw it on AMC a couple of years ago, I was still expecting it to be corny and predictable like most of the other stuff on TV. Maybe that's what happens when the "best" things on TV (or so I hear) are CSI, Grey's Anatomy, Two and a Half Men (is that still on?), and whatever other police/lawyer/investigator show happens to wedge itself between 8 and 10pm.

One of these days I'll write about why I like my favorite TV shows, including (but not exclusively) Family Guy, American Dad, Fastlane, Hustle, The Dukes of Hazzard, How I Met Your Mother (well, that one's easy: NPH) , South Park, Thundercats, The Greatest American Hero, and probably some others I'm not thinking of right now. That would be a lot of fun. I can analyze the crap out of them. Sweet.

What are your favorite shows? (And why?)

2 comments:

RM said...

OH MY GOD Brian you are such a copycat. Get your own shows. I have said since 2005 when I first moved here and Emily and I watched Hu$tle that it was a great show. I think I recall even telling you it was great and you dismissing it. Just like you dismiss my love for Numb3rs. Anyway, AMC played catchup for a while, they definitely had 4 seasons which I watched with great passion, but then it kind of ended. I heard from my brother it may have come on again this spring, but I could never confirm it had been on. What season is this for you? The last ep I saw was them on a raft thing leaving Los Angeles. Oh and Jaime Murray is hot. According to imdb they have had 4 seasons and a 5th is on the way without Stacey or Danny Blue.

fbg said...

Dude, I'll admit (though I don't remember exactly how it happened) that you liked Hustle first, and probably recommended it to me. Am I not allowed to like it, too. If I dismissed your opinion, it was maybe because I hadn't seen the show yet, fool. I DID watch it, after all, and I liked it. I still dismiss your love for Numb3rs, because, well, it's a pretty dumb show. And yes, you (and MP) got me started on How I Met Your Mother, but Fastlane was mine, all mine. I had every episode downloaded back in '04. At least we agree on something. I'm almost done with the first season of Hustle, but I'll get through all four seasons within a month or two I'm sure. It probably sucks without Stacey or Danny.